SKETCHER ONLINE EDITIONS

Monday, September 17, 2012

OMG Machines

Hey everyone,

These are some illustrations I created for my clients, Mike Long and Greg Morrison, for their website.  I had a great time working on these pieces.  It all started with the creation of the logo, which is the piece with the blue background.  Mike was very happy with the result and decided to create illustration pieces to describe or communicate more about what the site is about.  I would send him a sketch of how I visualized the scene.  Changes would be made and the sketch would get approved.  After that I would create a new layer a work on the final line art.  I used paths to create the clean line art.  I prefer paths now because the lines are sharper an no time is wasted erasing mistakes.  Once the final line art was approved, I would send a base color sample.  Then I would move to final shading using overlay layers with dark and light grays.  I would then color the line work to make the piece look more finished.  It looks ok with dark lines but it looks way better with colored line art.  I hope you like the pieces.  Make sure to check out their site and Make Money Online.  Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment