SKETCHER ONLINE EDITIONS

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FIGHT DOGS - Boris

This is Boris Sobaka. Long time member of a ruthless criminal organization in Siberia. A controlled psychopath that is let off the chain to do his dirty work. 
I hadn't done one of these in a while.  It is a good creative exercise for me since it takes me a while to get in the grove of creating one of these characters.  I wanted to do a Siberian Husky for a while.  Apparently they are very aggressive dogs but for the life of me I couldn't find one image of an angry Husky.  I am including some of my preliminary sketches to show how hard it is to get a pose I am happy with.  I am also including some of my process of creation.  It is very straightforward.  I first work on a base sketch, then I add more details with that same brush in greyscale.  Once I get to a defined point, I add a curves adjustment layer to work on the different channels and get different values for the lights and darks.  I then added a new layer set to Color and started adding preliminary color.  The rest is detailing and integrating.  Hope you like it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment